Thursday, May 10, 2012

The One With Baby Adventures

I thought I'd make you feel clean and awesome by telling you about recent adventures.

1. Poop.  I walked out of my bedroom the other day (while the girls were napping) and distinctly smelled poop. You know that smell when somebody steps on dog poop and everyone immediately checks their shoes? That smell was wafting across the house from the nursery. I found Charlotte happily asleep with her entire bed covered in poop.
Moral dilemma: 
A.) wake up your baby and clean her off (although none is near her face or hands) knowing that she will scream, wake up her sister and they both will hate you all day long
OR
B.) let your baby happily sleep in a poop bed while risking the fact that she could wake up at any time and possibly eat/play with her poop

sigh. I cleaned her up.

2. My babies can take off their diapers now. And they're tying to take off each others diapers as well. We put 2 diaper babies to sleep and woke up with 2 naked babies in pee beds.

3. Charlotte was caught almost teething on a used rectal thermometer.

4. I apparently didn't prewash my new underwear. Therefore they dyed the lower region of me fluorescent pink. For 2 days.

5. I Febreezed my jeans because I didn't have time to wash them. And by Febreeze I mean Great Value lysol spray because we ran out of Febreeze.

6. Emily ate a button.

7. I poked Emily in the eye with a baby spoon full of cottage cheese. Ok, she actually head-butted the spoon. But there was a lot of crying and cheese involved.

8. On Tuesday I preheated the oven to make cookies. I found Saturday's unbaked potatoes inside.

9. I tried on clothes in the middle of Old Navy (over my regular clothes) because my stroller didn't fit in the fitting room.

10. I forgot to wear deodorant twice. Sorry, America.

11. As I was about to put 2 naked babies in the bathtub, I found my iPhone floating in the water. (Magically, it still works!)

12. I made an insane trip to Babies R Us in which I pushed my 30 foot stroller while pulling a cart behind me. I felt like I was on Supermarket Sweep. 500 diapers. Baby food. 2 economy boxes of formula. Wipes.
Lots of employees said, "You've got your hands full!!!!" and kept walking.
Thanks. Thanks a lot, stranger. Thank you for your unhelpful, unsolicited comments.


I think other things have probably happened to me that were gross and adventurous, but I forgot. At least I'm never bored, right? :)


                                                              (love my little turkeys!)




7 comments:

  1. We cloth diaper, and days I am completely exhausted, and frankly just don't care, I let poopy diapers pile up on the bathroom counter and rinse them off right before the husband gets home. Today involved a higher volume of poop than usual, and we're talking four out of six of the poopy diapers were epic. So I just finished rinsing six poopy diapers wondering to myself, "why do I feed my kids corn, carrots, peas, lentils, green beans, and grapefruit??". That stuff comes out in the same form it goes in! Of course you know what is in the oven right now as I speak?? A casserole with peas, green beans, and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also cloth diaper and its so nice to hear that someone else makes a poop pile, and cleans them last minute too!

      Delete
    2. Do you also have this conversation with your husband:

      "What did you feed them that was (this color), (this consistency), and (this odor)?"

      You really examine it when you're spraying them off!

      Delete
    3. I too cloth diaper and stack the poopy dipes ontop of the diaper pail waiting to spray. We didn't with my oldest but with triplets it's easier to save for later. Thankfully hubby also does so not a problem of not being done when he gets home.

      We also get the "your hands are full" comment all the time. Makes me wonder if all large families get that or just those with multiples??

      Delete
  2. My friend forwarded your post to me....I can SO relate!! Last weekend I showed up to get a pedicure with two different shoes on and only ONE leg shaved!! Then, I wore my pants on backwards all day earlier this week. AND, I tried clothes on at Old Navy over my own clothes because I couldn't fit my stroller in the dressing room! Hilarious!! Keep up the writing about the adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL ikr I ran to get dinner and realized I had no wallet just a baby bag....all the way back home for wallet with a car full of screaming babies

    ReplyDelete